Sky Engine, a new Artificial Intelligence company founded in UK with international presence, helps enterprises transform into greater AI companies. Sky Engine will empower companies across multiple industries, focusing initially on healthcare, sports, manufacturing and agriculture. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI venture.
As a Senior Applied Scientist at Sky Engine, you will engage with a cross-disciplinary team to explore, design and develop innovative AI solutions that solve high impact customer problems. You must have grit, ownership and an ability to deliver results within an ambiguous and fast moving organization.
Computer Vision, Data Science and Deep Learning are core elements of our AI solutions. In this role, you will be working with terabytes of voice, text, images, video and other types of data to solve real-world problems at scale. You either are or will become experts in one of more of these areas and use your expertise to mentor junior scientists while pushing the limits of what is possible for our customers. We’re looking for scientists capable of using AI to innovate, design, and implement solutions for never-before-solved real world problems.
We are exploring many new challenges from multiple verticals every day. In this role, you will drive the development of our new AI solutions and help develop machine learning products. You will also work closely with our business, product and engineering teams to deploy solutions to enterprise customers and see firsthand how a top-notch AI startup is built.
- Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, Image recognition, robotics, machine learning, or deep learning
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms for real world problems in the fields related to Deep Learning and/or Computer Vision.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks (such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXnet, etc.) to build machine learning/deep learning models and launch training experiments.
- Ability to communicate complex research ideas and solutions in both verbal and written form.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team member: We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually, and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: Since we’re an early stage company, you should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed.
This is a full-time position based in Warsaw, Poland. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in Poland.